Friday, November 13, 2009

Daily Log - Day 19 - Find: Fiber One Cereal - Mmm!

The idea of a Daily blog seemed good until I forgot my password and didn't wait for the recovery.   But I'm back now.

I watched the Week 4 Video although, since I'm a week behind I'm not yet in Week 4.  But what I learned was that I need to increase my Fiber intake.  I also need probiotics and prebiotics and I need to find sources of these that will work for me.  I'm not really into suppliments and pills.  Always had trouble downing even a little pill and have you seen the size of some of these horse pills out there?  Any suggestions to get around this would be welcome.

Anyway, yesterday was the first day I went over 15 sugars.  I fell off the wagon, but not too hard.  My total for the day was 27/8 instead of 15/6.  But I did have 36g of Fiber.  But it seems that I need to get the pro- and pre-biotics too.



As I've said before, Whole Foods is not a fun trip for me and I feel lost and alone in that store.  I stand there reading labels while everyone else seems to know exactly what they want.    I did look online to see what other stores might carry the items I need.  The site said Wal-mart sells Uncle Sam products, but they weren't at my local Wal-mart.  However, I did find an alternative which I think might be better: Fiber One Honey Clusters - 13g of fiber.  The official serving size is 1 Cup but if you have 3/4 Cup instead it would be 5/2 with 10g fiber.

The best part is it tastes good and when I say good I mean like normal food good, not the good that healthy people say is good.  You know what I mean.  "oh try it, it's really good" -- "but its green and lumpy" -- "oh no just drink" -- "uh ok... Blahhhh!"

Then again, that was how I first felt about Zevia Cola and now I actually like it.  So I guess as we are being trained to eat better our tastes are changing too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Great Deals from Amazon